What is an Air Conditioning (AC) Tune-Up ?
Did you know that scheduling a professional tune-up and spending a little up front can SAVE you money in the long run?
Regular maintenance of your HVAC system is extremely important. Most people only realize that after the system brakes down at the most inconvenient time of the year; ending up costing them a lot in repair fees. A well maintained system will run more efficiently, increasing comfort and significantly reducing operating cost. Air conditioning systems should be inspected and evaluated once a year for best results.
AMS will perform a 20 Point Tune-Up:
- Refrigerant levels check subcooling/superheat
- Evaluate System Installation
- Condenser inspection, clean if needed
- Refrigerant lines connections, test for evidence of leaks
- Refrigerant lines insulation inspection
- Condenser fan motor check, oil if applicable
- Check electrical wiring for loose connections, wear and tear
- Inspect contractor relay for signs of burns or loose connections
- Measure and test capacitor
- Test and inspect high and low pressure safety devices
- Compressor monitoring and testing for proper amperage.
- Check filter condition
- Blower Motor Operation and Balancing
- Electrical Wiring Inspection
- Measure differential, Return/Supply Duct
- Flush And Clean the drain line
- Electrical disconnect box and fuses inspection
- Inspect evaporator coil / if accessible
- Thermostat Inspection Calibration