Which Thermostat Are You? (quiz)
- Your friends and family would describe you as:
A) A person with traditional values, not quick to buy the newest gadget, one who prefers certainty and stability.
B) Extremely tech-savvy, a consumer of the latest, most advanced gadgets out there with a high level of comfort programming from a distance.
C) Frugal, environmentally conscious with some technological know-how
- You travel
- When looking for a thermostat, your priority is:
A) Least expensive but functional
B) High-tech, you like all the bells and whistles and don’t mind figuring them out.
C) Easy to operate
If you answered mostly “A,” you might like the:
Honeywell FocusPRO 6000 Programmable Thermostat
- Green LED background prevents you from having to struggle to see the thermostat in the dark. One customer wrote: “Display is crystal clear and the user interface is very intuitive.”
- Very straightforward and easy to program
- Batteries can be replaced without losing your program
- Very long life-span in comparison to other thermostats
- The weekday/weekend programming option is an excellent energy and money-saver.
- Far less expensive than many “smart” thermostats.
- Some customers notice a clicking noise. This is the sound of the relays closing, and one reason HVAC contractors believe that the Honeywell can last up to 20 years in some cases.
- Not programmable via wi-fi
If you answered mostly “B,” will probably like the:
The Nest Learning Thermostat
- This Thermostat learns your heating and cooling preferences – i.e. you can train this thermostat.
- Shows you a nifty cute green leaf to let you know when you are saving energy
- It’s pretty – if you like space-age looking gadgets. The color turns to blue when it is cooling and orange when it is heating
- Programmable remotely – useful for frequent travelers.
- Provides a detailed energy-use report
- This thermostat is one of the priciest on the market
- The initial setup requires patience– the process of helping this thermostat learn your preferences could take up to a week.
- When NEST sends a software update, settings can be lost.
- Be sure to use the NEST app to check for compatibility with your system before purchasing.
If you answered mostly “C,” a good option for you might be:
The Honeywell WIFI Programmable Thermostat
Honeywell Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat
For more on these, stay tuned for our next blog. . .
And don’t forget to check out AMS’ SPRING SPECIAL!!!!